- Sunday, August 18, 10am – Holy Eucharist; Plate Offering — Episcopal Service Corps/Deaconess Anne House. (See: https://episcopalservicecorps.org/programs/deaconess-anne-house/ for more information.) Help support faithful young people who commit one year to live neighbor-to-neighbor in Old North St. Louis.
- Wednesday, August 21, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Friday, August 23 – Pot-luck picnic on the Square, music by Deadwood
- Saturday, August 24, 4-9 pm – Trinity booth at Community Roots Festival on the Square.
- Sunday, August 25, 10am: Celebration Eucharist and BBQ lunch!
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Bursars||Jonathan Vieker and Krista Baker|
Amy’s Office Hours: Mondays 10 am-noon, Truman SUB; Tuesdaymornings—volunteer hospital chaplain; Wednesdays 1-3 pm, SUB; Thursday—1-3 Caffeind Fix. Or contact the Rev. Amy: email (email@example.com) or phone (815-901-3614).
Coffee Hour This Sunday: We agreed last Sunday to rely on the diverse sharing of folks who were willing to bring something to coffee hour this Sunday (since no one person had signed up). Zucchini was mentioned frequently….
Dee Roberts’ Birthday: Help celebrate – Dee Roberts, at The Pines, will celebrate his 79th birthday on August 22. Would you like to be part of a card shower for him? Cards will be available at church on Sunday, August 18.
Bishop’s Committee Minutes and Financial Statements: now available in right corner of bookshelf in Meeting Room (former Nursery)
Volunteers Needed: for the Trinity booth at the Community Roots Festival on the square from 4 to 9 p.m. on August 24. Could you spare an hour to interact with passers-by and distribute fun musical instruments and music? Signup sheet is in the undercroft or contact Diane Johnson. And keep contributing your tin cans (of any size) to the drum-making project!
New Meeting Room: Please note the old nursery room is being set up as a Meeting Room. Additional changes are being planned for this room so stay tuned. If you are interested, on the far right end of the bookcase in the new meeting room you will find a notebook with the Bishop’s Committee minutes and monthly financials. If you have any questions please see Krista.
New Directory: A 2019 Directory is being prepared. A copy of the directory is in the basement on the table to the right of the kitchen door. Please take a few minutes to verify/update your information.
Upcoming Adult Formation: As part of our ongoing adult formation, this September, we will read The Great Emergence: How Christianity Is Changing and Why by Phyllis Tickle. We will meet for 4 weeks on Tuesday nights. beginning September 3rd at 6:30 pm at Trinity. The book is available to order in a variety of formats from both Amazon and Barnes and Noble online.
Save the Date: Kickoff Weekend:
- August 23: Pot-luck picnic on the Square, music by Deadwood. Come early to picnic with friends and new students in front of the courthouse downtown (and stay to hear the fabulous music of “Deadwood” – a group featuring our own Ian Lindevald and Jonathan Vieker, beginning at 7 p.m.). Just bring something simple to share and your appetite.
- August 24: Trinity booth at Community Roots Festival on the Square (4-9 p.m.). Volunteers needed.
- August 25: Celebration Eucharist and Barbeque lunch! Hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, chips, and lemonade will be provided. If you’d like to contribute a side dish for this feast, please sign up in the undercroft or contact Sally West or Diane Johnson.
Creativity Classes: Learn new things at Trinity + Bring a friend
First Saturday, 10-noon in the Church Hall. Open to everyone!
Students – $5 per session or $20 for all eight. Non-students – $20 per session of $140 for all 8.
|October 5||Who wants to learn to knit?||Amy|
|November 2||Felted acorns & holiday ornaments||Krista|
firstname.lastname@example.org or 660-676-9730 with questions or to sign up.
Food Depot: Cereal
Little Free Food Pantry: Food and sundries.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, August 22. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at email@example.com and Natalie Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!