- Sunday, July 15, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Tuesday, July 17, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, July 17, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children NOW AT HOSPICE OFFICE
- Wednesday, July 18, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Sunday, July 22, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Bursars||Cody Pease & Julie Seidler|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday, 10 am-noon, Trinity;Tuesday, 1:30-3:30, Sweet Espressions; Thursdayafternoon—visits. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (815-901-3614). Amy will be on her summer vacation from July 9 – July 22 and she will be back to work on July 23. On July 15, the Rev. Loren Lasch will be our supply clergy. Loren is the diocesan missioner for youth and will share about that work in the diocese. On July 22, Diane Johnson will lead Morning Prayer and preach.
Plate Collection on July 15: is for the Diocesan Task Force on Hunger. Please give generously.
Time and Talent Survey: has been going on this month. If you did not fill out a copy at church, you will soon see a copy in your mailbox. Please fill out and return to the church. Thanks!
Morning Prayer on July 22: To become acquainted with this shorter, lay-led, non-Eucharistic service, take a look at pages 75-102 in your Book of Common Prayer. Hope to see you that Sunday!
PAC Open House and Ribbon Cutting: Wednesday, July 25, 4-6 p.m. in new building at 2012 South Halliburton. Trinity is one of the founding members of PAC (Pantry for Adair County) to expand food resources in our area.
Process for Calling New Bishop: The Diocese of Missouri is beginning the process of calling a new bishop. Bishop Smith has announced his intention to retire in 2020. The Diocese will elect a new bishop at Diocesan Convention in 2019, ad we expect to consecrate a new bishop in the spring of 2020. You can learn more about details about the process at https://www.diocesemo.org/b
Migration Issues and Current Political Climate:
- the Office of Governmental Relations/The Episcopal Public Policy Network is our voice in Washington. These two groups speak the mind of the Episcopal Church as we determine it at General Convention to our elected officials. You can learn more about them at www.episcopalchurch.org/off
- The Episcopal Migration Ministries works helping immigrants and refugees settle in the US, as well as addressing policy issues that affect these people. You can learn more about their work at https://episcopalmigrationm
- The Episcopal Peace Fellowship works on a variety of issues to promote the Gospel of Peace as preached by Jesus Christ. You can learn about them at www.epfnational.org
Adult Formation: will meet at the Point at Thousand Hills State Park at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesdays, beginning June 13. Topic: Brene Brown’s “The Gifts of Imperfection.” Bring a “sack supper” if you like.
Vacation Bible School: Held jointly with the Presbyterians, runs July 23-28.
Second Saturdays Yoga: Second Saturday Yoga is on vacation until September.
Food 4 Kids: Trinity will serve at Brashear, Jaycee, and P C Mills parks the week of July 30 – August 3. We still need six volunteers to serve one shift each (11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.). A person does not need to be a member of Trinity to volunteer – a friend is fine. Please contact Diane if you or someone you know is able to volunteer. Thank you!
LaDonna Taylor will celebrate her 80th birthday on June 19th. A party is in the works – and if you’d like to send a card, her address is: 1501 So. Jamison, Apt. C1, Kirksville MO 63501. Let’s fill her mailbox!
Food Depot: Our Food Depot items for July – Boxed Potato Items (Mashed, Au Gratin, etc.)
Garden overflowing? Consider bringing extra produce to the Little Free Food Pantry! The wire basket underneath the pantry is perfect for cucumbers, tomatoes, and other good stuff. And it’s usually gone within a few hours.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, July 19. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at email@example.com and Natalie Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!