- Sunday, November 4, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist REMEMBER: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS ENDS. Ingathering for 2019 pledges. Please bring your pledge card to church to include in the day’s offering. The finance committee needs your pledge in order to finalize the 2019 budget. Thank you!
- Monday, November 5, 7:00 pm – Election Eve Evening Prayer, 7 p.m. at Trinity. Invite your friends.
- Tuesday, November 6 – All Day – Remember to Vote!
- Tuesday, November 6, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, November 6, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children NOW AT HOSPICE OFFICE
- Wednesday, November 7, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Thursday, November 8, 6pm – Reclaiming Jesus (Now in the Trinity Undercroft)
- Saturday, November 10, 11:45am – Second Saturday Yoga, Donation to the Little Free Food Pantry.
- Sunday, November 11, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, November 11 – Bishop’s Committee – After Coffee Hour
- Saturday, November 17 – 179th annual diocesan convention, Christ Church Cathedral, St. Louis
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Coffee Hour||Sally West|
|Bursars||Cody Pease & Gene Croarkin|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday—10 am-12 noon Truman SUB; Tuesday mornings—volunteer chaplain at hospital; Wednesday—1 – 3 pm Truman; Thursday 1:00 – 3:00—Take Root. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (815-901-3614).
Stewardship Campaign: Our annual stewardship campaign ends on Sunday, November 4. Copies of the proposed 2019 budget are available in the undercroft. If you have questions, please contact Ian Lindevald (treasurer) or Diane Johnson (bishop’s warden).
Thanks For Bishop’s Visit: Thank you to all who prepared/contributed food for the Bishop’s meeting with college students last Sunday morning and the parish luncheon following the service – including Krista Baker, Karen Croarkin, Sally West, Laura Gruber Harden, Joanne Harwood, Pam Ryan, Dana Elam, Liz Srnka, Natalie Alexander, Julie Seidler, Dennis Goodman and Diane Johnson, and the college students who brought cookies and brownies. Thanks also to the church cleaners, the dishwashers, the musicians, the choir, and all who made Sunday an extremely special day. Long life and good health, Bishop Smith!
Reclaiming Jesus: Ecumenical Adult Formation—Reclaiming Jesus. We will be joined by the Methodists and Presbyterians. New location, Trinity undercroft, 6 p.m. on Thursdays.
Empty Bowl Soup Lunch: Pantry for Adair County is having an “Empty Bowl” soup lunch on Saturday November 10th between 11am and 2pm at First Christian Church. Tickets are available in advance from Dana, Sally, other board members, and at the Pantry. They are $30 for a locally made artisan bowl (some made by Wynne’s students!) or $20 for a unique bowl and $10 at the door for a meal but no bowl to take home. Meal includes soup, bread, dessert, and drink.
Diocesan Statement on Gun Storage: This past spring, the Bishop and the Diocesan Council approved this statement on safe gun storage: “The Council of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri implores gun owners to lock and secure weapons against use by children or those suffering from agonizing despair. Please ensure that all guns in your home are locked and secured against use by children or those suffering agonizing despair.”
Food Depot: Our Food Depot items for November – peanut butter & jelly; Thanksgiving items
Little Free Food Pantry: The weather has changed. This means you can now leave items like bread in the Little Free Food Pantry without worrying about heat damage.
- Ecclesiasticus 44: 1 -10, 13 -14
- Revelations 7: 2 -4, 9 – 17
- Matthew. 5: 1 – 12
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, November 8. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at email@example.com and Natalie Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!