- Saturday, December 24, 7:00pm – Christmas Eve Service
- Sunday, December 25, 10:00am – Joint Service with First Presbyterian
- Sunday, December 25, Following the Eucharist, Christmas Dinner in the Undercroft
- Tuesday, December 27, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, December 27, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children
- Wednesday, December 28, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Wednesday, December 28, 6:30pm – Adult Formation
- Sunday, January 1, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
Worship Leadership Schedule, Christmas Eve, Saturday, December 24:
|Prayers of the People||Jessie Cragg|
|Bursars||Natalie Alexander and TBA|
Worship Leadership Schedule, Christmas Day, Sunday, December 25:
|Prayers of the People||Aline Russell|
|Hospitality||Tim Baker and Joanne Harwood|
|Bursars||Tim Baker and Diane Johnson|
Christmas Day Meal: After the 10 a.m. service on Christmas Day, all are invited to join us for Christmas dinner in the undercroft. Ham and turkey are on the menu along with traditional Christmas sides. Feel free to bring something to share or just bring your appetite. We need appetites!
Adult Formation: We will continue studying John Dominic Crossan’s book How to Read the Bible and Still be a Christian. You can buy the book in whichever format you prefer here. It is available new, used, and on Kindle. We will be doing Chapters 9 and 10 this week. Please join us for what should be a lively discussion!
Stewardship Statements: The 2017 stewardship drive has finished and a current financial summary is available for you in the undercroft on the piano. There are three documents you may pick up: a narrative summary, the 2017 budget as adopted by the Bishop’s Committee and a Building Project summary. Please be sure to get a copy and review. We will have opportunities to discuss parish financials at coffee hour between now and the annual meeting on January 29. If you have any questions please talk to Krista or anyone on the Bishop’s Committee.
Giving to Support the Building Fund: There are a couple ways you can help Trinity to finance our completed building accessibility project –
(1) When you purchase those last-minute Christmas gifts, or pursue those after Christmas sales on Amazon.com, use smile.amazon.com to make sure a portion of your purchase is shared by Amazon with the Trinity Building Fund.
(2) Contribute loose change to the basket at the back of the sanctuary near the front choir pew.
Pantry for Adair County:
Snow Removal Help: Snow season is here and that means clearing of ice and snow. We have made arrangements with Mike Combs to clear the walks and steps before church on Sunday when the weather is bad. He is charging the same as he did for mowing, $25.00. If you would like to contribute toward paying Mike, please place your donation in the box in the undercroft. Any donation is very helpful. If you want to contribute by check please make the check out to Mike Combs, not Trinity. A mat, shovel, and sprinkle jug of ice melt has been placed by both the old and new door. If you are here and notice the walks need attention, please take care of them. If you use the shovel or jug of ice melt, please return the items to where you found them. I will try to keep the jug full. Thanks! Krista
Episcopal News Service Tidbits: This week, Episcopal News Service stories include a piece about a Pennsylvania Priest’s efforts to support displaced Iraqi Christians and a story about a young missionary transformed by his service in Tanzania.
Lectionary Readings for Christmas Eve:
Lectionary Readings for Christmas Day:
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, December 29. Please send items to Kevin Minch at email@example.com. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!