- Sunday, January 1, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Tuesday, January 3, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, January 3, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children
- Wednesday, January 4, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Wednesday, January 4, 6:30pm – Adult Formation
- Friday, January 6, 7:00 pm – Epiphany Service
- Sunday, January 8, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, January 8, 4:00pm – Special Session of Adult Formation
Worship Leadership Schedule, Holy Eucharist, Sunday, December 30:
|Prayers of the People||Maria Evans|
|Bursars||Natalie Alexander and Tim Baker|
Worship Leadership Schedule, Epiphany, Friday, January 6:
|Prayers of the People||Julia DeLancey|
Adult Formation: We will continue studying John Dominic Crossan’s book How to Read the Bible and Still be a Christian. You can buy the book in whichever format you prefer here. It is available new, used, and on Kindle. We will be doing Chapters 11 and 12 this week. Please join us for what should be a lively discussion!
We will also be having a special session of Adult Formation at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 8. We will offer the opportunity to gather at Krista and Tim Baker’s house to watch a webcast hosted by Richard Rohr and Cynthia Bourgealt on “Christian Nonduality.” Part of opening ourselves up to the possibility of God’s mysteries is to embrace the possibility of “both/and” instead of “either/or.” Richard and Cynthia will guide us towards ways of developing non-dual ways of looking at life and the world. Light snacks will be provided by Dana Elam and Maria Evans, and we will have a discussion following the webcast. Please join us!
Trinity Financials: Important parish financial information is available for your review in the undercroft. Please take this opportunity to review the 2017 budget as adopted by the Bishop’s Committee, a summary of the Building Project financials, and a narrative summary of the parish financial situation. This will help prepare you for the Annual Meeting on January 29th.
Giving to Support the Building Fund: There are a couple ways you can help Trinity to finance our completed building accessibility project –
(1) When you purchase those last-minute Christmas gifts, or pursue those after Christmas sales on Amazon.com, use smile.amazon.com to make sure a portion of your purchase is shared by Amazon with the Trinity Building Fund.
(2) Contribute loose change to the basket at the back of the sanctuary near the front choir pew.
Snow Removal: Please consider donating to the snow removal fund to pay Mike Combs. There is a box on the piano in the undercroft for your contribution. If you would rather shovel, let Krista know.
Episcopal News Service Tidbits: This week, Episcopal News Service stories include the text of the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Christmas Sermon, as well as Presiding Bishop Curry’s Sermon.
Lectionary Readings :
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, January 5. Please send items to Kevin Minch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!