- Friday, December 16, 6:00pm – Maria Evans’ Ordination to the Transitional Diaconate, 6:00 p.m., Christ Church Cathedral, 1210 Locust, St. Louis
- Sunday, December 18, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, December 18, 1:30pm – Eucharist with Lola Lampe. Meet at church at 1:15pm to carpool.
- Tuesday, December 20, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, December 20, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children
- Wednesday, December 21, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Wednesday, December 21, 6:30pm – Adult Formation
- Saturday, December 24, 7:00pm – Christmas Eve Service
- Sunday, December 25, 10:00am – Joint Service with First Presbyterian
Worship Leadership Schedule, Sunday, December 11:
|Prayers of the People||Maria Evans|
|Bursars||Tim Baker and Diane Johnson|
Adult Formation: We will continue studying John Dominic Crossan’s book How to Read the Bible and Still be a Christian. You can buy the book in whichever format you prefer here. It is available new, used, and on Kindle. We will be doing Chapters 7 and 8 this week. Please join us for what should be a lively discussion!
Christmas Dinner: After the 10 a.m. service on Christmas Day, all are invited to join us for Christmas dinner in the undercroft. Ham and turkey are on the menu along with traditional Christmas sides. Feel free to bring something to share or just bring your appetite. We need appetites!
Christmas Flowers: You are invited to donate toward flowers for the church this Christmas season. Simply put a check, or cash in an envelope, into the collection plate on Sunday, making a note that the donation is for flowers. Many people designate a memorial or thanksgiving for someone with this gift. Jessie will be glad to take your information for publication in the Christmas Eve bulletin.
Stewardship Statements: The 2017 stewardship drive has finished and a current financial summary is available for you in the undercroft on the piano. There are three documents you may pick up: a narrative summary, the 2017 budget as adopted by the Bishop’s Committee and a Building Project summary. Please be sure to get a copy and review. We will have opportunities to discuss parish financials at coffee hour between now and the annual meeting on January 29. If you have any questions please talk to Krista or anyone on the Bishop’s Committee.
Pantry for Adair County: Pantry for Adair County needs you! We are seeking at least one, and possibly two members of Trinity to serve on the board of Pantry for Adair County (PAC). When Maria Evans becomes a deacon, she is no longer eligible to serve as a voting board member because clergy are “ex officio” members of PAC, having voice but no vote. You may recall that Trinity and five other churches began this organization to help relive the gap between the amount of food that Adair County was eligible to receive, but the means did not exist among existing pantries to distribute it. Although the organization has had a few disappointments and setbacks, we are inching forward towards making that a reality.
Save the Date! Here are some upcoming events in the life of Trinity-Kirksville:
- December 24th – Christmas Eve service at 7:00pm (PLEASE NOTE TIME IS 7:00 p.m., compared to 8:00 p.m. in previous years!)
- December 25th – Christmas Day service at 10:00am, joint service with 1st Presbyterian; Followed by Christmas Dinner in the undercroft.
Episcopal News Service Tidbits: This week, Episcopal News Service stories include an item on the victory of activists at Standing Rock, an account of starvation and toxic food sources in Africa, and a discussion of insights about unity gained from the Common Declaration by Pope Francis and Archbishop Welby.
Lectionary Readings for This Week:
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, December 22. Please send items to Kevin Minch at email@example.com. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!