- Sunday, March 17, 10am – Holy Eucharist; Plate Offering: Pantry for Adair County
- Sunday, March 17, 2pm – St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
- Tuesday, March 19, Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines CANCELLED THIS WEEK
- Tuesday, March 19, 6:30pm – Adult Formation in the Undercroft
- Wednesday, March 20, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Sunday, March 24, 10am – Holy Eucharist
- Saturday, March 30, 9am-Noon – Big Event Church Clean-Up
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Musicians||Sandy Fleak; Jonathan Vieker; Jocelyn Prendergast|
|Bursars||Cody Pease & Laura Gruber Harden|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday—10 am-12 noonTruman SUB; Tuesday mornings—volunteer hospital chaplain;Wednesday—1-3 pmTruman SUB; Thursday—1-3 Caffeind Fix. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (email@example.com) or phone (815-901-3614).
Noonday Prayer Still Cancelled – for March 19. Twin Pines is still not intermingling the population at Twin Pines because of illness.
St. Patrick’s Day Dinner – Sunday, March 17. Our annual feast of corned beef, cabbage, colcannon (potatoes and kale), carrots, Irish soda bread and desserts is coming up. We will begin serving at 2 p.m. (or slightly before) on Sunday. Free will offering. Bring your friends!
Adult Formation: begins Tuesday, March 19, 6:30 p.m. in the undercroft. Come and learn more about the psalms.
Morning Prayer: every Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. Consider adding this simple, short service to your Lenten devotions.
Lent Madness: As we begin a year focused on stewardship, let’s get off to a good start by joining in on some Lent Madness fun and support Trinity at the same time. See details in the church hall. The Golden Halo could be yours! Completed brackets should be given to Krista this Sunday, Mar 3, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pledge to Care for Creation is part of living as the Jesus Movement. It’s a promise to protect and renew this good Earth and all who call it home. It’s a promise to share our stories, stand with those who are most vulnerable, and live more gently on the Earth.
- During Lent, reflect on the Pledge alone or in a group, with the help of the Reflection Guide
- During Lent, decide on your 3 commitments to be more LOVING, LIBERATING and LIFE-GIVING in relation to Creation
- By Easter Sunday (April 21), take the Pledge, including your specific, personal commitments
- On Earth Day (April 22), the day after Easter, let’s celebrate at least 1,000 pledges
- All year long, keep your specific commitments to be more loving, liberating and life-giving
The pledge and reflection guide are at: https://www.episcopalchurch.org/creation-care/pledge
Cleaning in the room in the parish basement next to the kitchen will begin on Monday, March 18. If you things stored in this room please talk to Krista.
Food Depot: Canned vegetables!
Little Free Food Pantry: Food and sundries that stand up to freezing.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, March 21. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at email@example.com and Natalie Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!