- Saturday, December 10, 11:45-12:30 – Second Saturdays Yoga
- Sunday, December 11, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Tuesday, December 13, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, December 13, 2:30-4pm – Gift-Knitting Group at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, December 13, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children
- Wednesday, December 14, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Wednesday, December 14, 6:30pm – Adult Formation
- Thursday, December 15, 5:45pm – Choir Practice
- Thursday, December 15, 6:00pm – Christmas Carol sing at Carrol Davenport and Mike Ashcraft’s house.
- Friday, December 16th, 6:00pm – Maria Evans’ Ordination to the Transitional Diaconate, 6:00 p.m., Christ Church Cathedral, 1210 Locust, St. Louis
- Sunday, December 18, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, December 18, 1:30pm – Eucharist with Lola Lampe. Meet at church at 1:15pm to carpool.
Worship Leadership Schedule, Sunday, December 11:
|Prayers of the People||Julia DeLancey|
|Bursars||Julia DeLancey and Diane Johnson|
Adult Formation: We will continue studying John Dominic Crossan’s book How to Read the Bible and Still be a Christian. You can buy the book in whichever format you prefer here. It is available new, used, and on Kindle. We will be doing Chapters 5 and 6 this week. Please join us for what should be a lively discussion!
Christmas Gift Tree: Join others in the Trinity family in decorating our traditional Christmas Gift Tree with donations of hats, mittens, scarves, and socks. These items will be taken to the Salvation Army prior to Christmas. We will gather at Twin Pines on Tuesdays after Noonday Prayer and Bible Study to spend time with one another knitting/crocheting/weaving items for the tree. Through Tuesday, December 6, we will work together from 2:30 to 4:00. We will have yarns and instructions available. Please join us. Contact Krista with any questions.
Second Saturdays Yoga: Tomorrow (Saturday) will be the last SECOND SATURDAYS YOGA for 2016! If you are feeling overwhelmed by the busy time of year, in need of some peace and mindfulness, or just want to take care of yourself a bit, please join us in the undercroft, 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for yoga with Alison of Kirksville Yogis for an all-levels yoga session. Minimum donation $5.00 (to benefit the Building Fund). If you have a yoga mat, please bring it, but if you don’t no worries–Alison will bring some. We will take a break in January (so no Second Saturdays yoga in January), and then start up again in February so stay tuned for that schedule!
Save the Date! Here are some upcoming events in the life of Trinity-Kirksville:
- December 24th – Christmas Eve service at 7:00pm (PLEASE NOTE TIME IS 7:00 p.m., compared to 8:00 p.m. in previous years!)
- December 25th – Christmas Day service at 10:00am, joint service with 1st Presbyterian
Food Depot Wish List: Our Food Depot items for December include Canned Tuna, Salmon, and Chicken! Many families in Adair County can have a happier holiday season thanks to your donations! Please give generously.
Episcopal News Service Tidbits: This week, Episcopal News Service stories include a piece on a possible proposal for revision of the 1979 Book of Common Prayer, an item on Episcopalian activism in protest of a proposed pipeline in Michigan, and coverage of work by Anglicans in Burundi to create a safe house for victims of domestic violence.
Lectionary Readings for This Week:
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, December 15. Please send items to Kevin Minch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!