- Sunday, July 1, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Tuesday, July 3, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, July 3, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children NOW AT HOSPICE OFFICE
- Wednesday, July 4, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Sunday, July 8, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Bursars||Cody Pease & Diane Johnson|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday, 10 am-noon, Trinity; Tuesday, 1:30-3:30, Sweet Espressions; Thursday afternoon—visits. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (815-901-3614). Amy will be on her summer vacation from July 9 – July 22 and she will be back to work on July 23. On July 15, the Rev. Loren Lasch will be our supply clergy. Loren is the diocesan missioner for youth and will share about that work in the diocese. On July 22, Diane Johnson will lead Morning Prayer and preach.
Prayers for the General Convention: Please pray for the 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church meeting in Austin, TX. Business begins on July 3rd, with an official opening on July 5th and runs until July 11th. General Convention meets every 3 years, and it sets the budget and the policies for the whole Episcopal Church. You can follow the events of Convention at www.generalconvention.org.
The Acts 8 Movement, a group of lay and clergy members of the Episcopal Church who are committed to the renewal of the Church, have provided a series of daily prayers for the General Convention. Although these prayers are intended to be used during the week leading up to Convention, they can also be used daily during Convention. You can find the prayers here www.acts8movement.org.
Process for Calling New Bishop: The Diocese of Missouri is beginning the process of calling a new bishop. Bishop Smith has announced his intention to retire in 2020. The Diocese will elect a new bishop at Diocesan Convention in 2019, ad we expect to consecrate a new bishop in the spring of 2020. You can learn more about details about the process at https://www.diocesemo.org/b
Migration Issues and Current Political Climate:
- the Office of Governmental Relations/The Episcopal Public Policy Network is our voice in Washington. These two groups speak the mind of the Episcopal Church as we determine it at General Convention to our elected officials. You can learn more about them at www.episcopalchurch.org/off
- The Episcopal Migration Ministries works helping immigrants and refugees settle in the US, as well as addressing policy issues that affect these people. You can learn more about their work at https://episcopalmigrationm
- The Episcopal Peace Fellowship works on a variety of issues to promote the Gospel of Peace as preached by Jesus Christ. You can learn about them at www.epfnational.org
Special Hymn This Sunday: This Sunday, we’ll be singing a hymn by contemporary poet and composer Carolyn Winfrey Gillette. A Presbyterian Minister, many of her texts are known for their biblical commentary on current issues. Learn more about the hymn and Rev. Winfrey Gillette here: http://www.carolynshymns.com/abraham_journeyed_to_a_new_country.html
Adult Formation: will meet at the Point at Thousand Hills State Park at 5:45 p.m. on Wednesdays, beginning June 13. Topic: Brene Brown’s “The Gifts of Imperfection.” Bring a “sack supper” if you like.
Vacation Bible School: Held jointly with the Presbyterians, runs July 23-28.
Second Saturdays Yoga: Second Saturday Yoga is on vacation until September.
Food 4 Kids: Trinity’s week for Food 4 Kids this summer is July 30-August 3. We will be looking for volunteers soon.
Food Depot: Our Food Depot items for July – Boxed Potato Items (Mashed, Au Gratin, etc.)
- Wisdom of Solomon 1: 13 – 15, 2:23 – 24
- Psalm. 30
- 2 Corinthians. 8: 7 – 15
- Mark 5: 21 – 43
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, July 5. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at email@example.com and Natalie Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!