- Sunday, October 28, 10:00am – Bishop’s Visit; Holy Eucharist; Luncheon with the Bishop After Service
- 8:30 a.m. Breakfast with ECM and other students, Undercroft
- 10 a.m. Service with Bishop (includes baptism)
- 11:30 a.m. Soup/Salad Luncheon for all with Bishop
- 12:30 p.m. (or so) Brief meeting with Bishop’s Committee
- Tuesday, October 30, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, October 30, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children NOW AT HOSPICE OFFICE
- Wednesday, October 31, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Thursday, November 1, 6pm – Reclaiming Jesus (Now in the Trinity Undercroft)
- Sunday, November 4, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist REMEMBER: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS ENDS.
- unday, November 4, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, November 11 – Bishop’s Committee – After Coffee Hour
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Bursars||Dana Elam and Cody Pease|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday—10 am-12 noon Truman SUB; Tuesday mornings—volunteer chaplain at hospital; Wednesday—1 – 3 pm Truman; Thursday 1:30 – 3:30—Sweet Expressions. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (email@example.com) or phone (815-901-3614).
Stewardship Campaign: Our annual stewardship campaign ends on Sunday, November 4. Copies of the proposed 2019 budget are available in the undercroft. If you have questions, please contact Ian Lindevald (treasurer) or Diane Johnson (bishop’s warden).
Reclaiming Jesus: Ecumenical Adult Formation—Reclaiming Jesus. We will be joined by the Methodists and Presbyterians. New location, Trinity undercroft, 6 p.m. on Thursdays.
Empty Bowl Soup Lunch: Pantry for Adair County is having an “Empty Bowl” soup lunch on Saturday November 10th between 11am and 2pm at First Christian Church. Tickets are available in advance from Dana, Sally, other board members, and at the Pantry. They are $30 for a locally made artisan bowl (some made by Wynne’s students!) or $20 for a unique bowl and $10 at the door for a meal but no bowl to take home. Meal includes soup, bread, dessert, and drink.
Diocesan Statement on Gun Storage: This past spring, the Bishop and the Diocesan Council approved this statement on safe gun storage: “The Council of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri implores gun owners to lock and secure weapons against use by children or those suffering from agonizing despair. Please ensure that all guns in your home are locked and secured against use by children or those suffering agonizing despair.”
Food Depot: Our Food Depot items for October – Canned Fruit and Applesauce
Little Free Food Pantry: The weather has changed. This means you can now leave items like bread in the LFFP without worrying about heat damage.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, November 1. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at firstname.lastname@example.org and Natalie Alexander at email@example.com so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!