- Saturday, December 8, 11:45am – Second Saturday’s Yoga: Donation to the Little Free Food Pantry
- Sunday, December 9, Holy Eucharist
- Sunday, December 9, After Coffee Hour – Bishop’s Committee
- Sunday, December 9, 7 p.m. – Concert with Rich McKinney (piano) and Elaine Boda (cello), First Christian Church, 7 p.m. Free – Donations to Chariton Valley Association.
- Tuesday, December 11, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, December 11, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children at Hospice Office
- Tuesday, December 11, ECM/Hillel Winter Holiday Event, at the vicarage (evening time pending)
- Wednesday, December 12, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Sunday, December 16, Holy Eucharist; Plate Offering for Vicar’s Discretionary Fund
Worship Leadership Schedules for Sunday
|Presider||The Rev. Amy Fallon|
|Bursars||Dana Elam and Cody Pease|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday—10 am-12 noon Truman SUB; Tuesday mornings—volunteer chaplain at hospital; Wednesday—1 – 3 pm Truman; Thursday 1:00 – 3:00—Take Root. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (email@example.com) or phone (815-901-3614).
Will you SMILE on Black Friday/Cyber Monday (and all year round)? If you will be doing Christmas shopping on Amazon, please consider shopping through the Amazon Smile feature. Trinity receives a small percentage of every thing you buy through the Amazon Smile program. It is a great way to benefit the church doing what you already plan to do!
If you are unfamiliar with this feature on Amazon, go to http://smile.amazon.com/about and it will walk you through signing up. Choose Trinity as your charity (warning: there are a lot of Trinity Churches in the program, so be patient scrolling through until you find us) and you are good to go. You will still have all your usual Amazon benefits- Prime, gift cards, etc. The only difference will be logging in at www.smile.amazon.com rather than the usual Amazon site. If you need any help, just let Amy know and she will help you get set up.
Stewardship Campaign: It is not too late to complete your pledge card for the 2019 Stewardship Campaign. Yellow pledge cards are available at the back of the church and in the undercroft. Simply place in an envelope and put in the baskets upstairs or downstairs for delivery to the treasurer. Thank you! This really helps the bishop’s committee prepare a budget for 2019!
The Mitten Tree is coming!: We will be taking Mitten Tree items to the Salvation Army on Monday, December 10, to be included in their Christmas distribution on December 13. Please bring hats, scarves, mittens, and gloves to church on or before Sunday, December 9. Thank you!
Diocesan Statement on Gun Storage: This past spring, the Bishop and the Diocesan Council approved this statement on safe gun storage: “The Council of the Episcopal Diocese of Missouri implores gun owners to lock and secure weapons against use by children or those suffering from agonizing despair. Please ensure that all guns in your home are locked and secured against use by children or those suffering agonizing despair.”
Food Depot: Canned meat/fish (Tuna, Salmon, Chicken).
Little Free Food Pantry: (not thinking about summer heat any more!) – The Little Free Food Pantry is in need of nonperishable food that will stand up to freezing night time temperatures – think dry pasta mixes, cereals, nutrition bars, dry soup mixes, crackers. Bread products are fine – they can be used after freezing.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, December 13. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at firstname.lastname@example.org and Natalie Alexander at email@example.com so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!