- Saturday, March 10, 11:45am – Second Saturdays Yoga
- Sunday, March 11, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
- Tuesday, March 13, 1:30pm – Text Study and Noonday Prayer at Twin Pines
- Tuesday, March 13, 5:30pm – Grief Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children NOW AT HOSPICE OFFICE
- Wednesday, March 14, 7:30am – Morning Prayer
- Saturday, March 17, 5:30pm – St. Patrick’s Day Dinner
- Sunday, March 18, 10:00am – Holy Eucharist
|Prayers of the People||Julie Seidler|
|Bursars||Dana Elam & Julie Seidler|
Amy’s Office Hours: Monday, 10 am-noon, Trinity; Tuesday, 1:30-3:30, Sweet Espressions; Wednesday, 2-4, Truman SUB; Thursday afternoon: visits. You may also contact the Rev. Amy by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (815-901-3614).
Spring Forward! Remember to move your clocks forward one hour this Sunday (or Saturday night) so you are not late for church!
Volunteers Needed: for the annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner. Everyone can help by encouraging people to come! We also need volunteers to provide supplies (coffee, butter, potatoes, cabbage, and carrots), to cook or bake at home prior to the 17th (recipes provided), and to help serve and clean up on the day of. Signup sheet is in the undercroft – or contact Diane at email@example.com. The downtown parade is at 11 this year so the dinner will be from 11:30 to 1:30.
Plate Collection (March 18): will support Magdalene House, St. Louis (https://www.magdalenestl.org/). Women who have survived lives of sexual exploitation, violence and addiction are supported for up to two years with free congregate housing, comprehensive healthcare, and preparation for job readiness through this project.
- Simple Soup Supper at 5:30 pm with an intergenerational educational opportunity to make a chalice and paten
- Holy Eucharist with footwashing at 7 pm, followed by the stripping of the altar
- Vigil in the “Garden of Gethsemani” from 8: 30 – 10 pm – a quiet time for personal prayer with Jesus
- Stations of the Cross – 12 pm – 1 pm
- Ecumenical Community Good Friday Service at 7 pm
Coffee Hour Volunteers Needed: Speak with Karen Croarkin or Sally West, or just sign up for the Sunday of your choice on the calendar downstairs.
Bible Study: Want to try something new for Lent? Try the Monday evening Bible Study (Feb. 26, March 5, and March 19) from 6:30 to 7:30. Come for any or all sessions on the Gospel of Mark. You may also want to consider Noonday Prayer/Bible Study at Twin Pines on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 2:30 in the small dining room on the east end of the main floor dining room. Or challenge yourself to try Morning Prayer on Wednesdays 7:30-7:50 a.m. at church!
Celebration of Ministry: Save the date of May 3rd at 7 pm for our Celebration of Ministry with Bishop Wayne Smith.
Mark Your Calendar: Upcoming special dates include
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner (11:30 – 1:30 on Saturday, March 17)
- Maundy Thursday Soup Supper on Thursday, March 29
- Easter Brunch after services on April 1
- Fill the Ford (or other vehicle) on Saturday, April 14.
The deadline for next week’s WHAT is Noon, Thursday, March 15. Please send items to BOTH Kevin Minch at firstname.lastname@example.org and Natalie Alexander at email@example.com so that any relevant updates may also be included in the bulletin insert. Please be mindful of the deadline when possible. Thanks!